SEARCHING FOR A job: Meeting the employers
1. Introduce yourself with a handshake and prepare to ask some key questions:
- What jobs/apprenticeships are available?
- Are there opportunities for advancement within the firm?
- What sort of training can you offer?
- What is the company culture like?
- What are the skills and attributes you value in employees?
3. ‘May I contact you with further questions?' ...If you build a sufficient rapport with the recruiter, try and leave with a contact name and email address. Even if not a member of recruitment staff, having a contact within an organisation will break down barriers to entry.
4. If you find your skills fall short of what an employer needs, talk with the training providers at the Fair to see what courses are available.
5. Or if you’re less sure of what you are looking for, talk to JobCentre Plus to find out about your options.
Above all- you’ll get as much out of the jobs fair as you put in.